ConFuzzled as an organisation acknowledges interest from the media. As a private event for the exclusive enjoyment of our attendees, we have limited scope to entertain direct media engagement at the convention itself. The reputation of our community, the convention and its staff as well as all attendees/guests are of paramount concern in our contact with the media.
The purpose of this policy is to outline possible options for media engagement.
Any media contact which we establish is purely to inform and entertain the general public.
Convention Policy and Guidelines
We reserve the right to admit or deny access to any member of the press, whether invited by an individual or a direct inquiry from the source. The final decision on this matter rests with the ConFuzzled Board of Directors.
When we are contacted by the press, our Media Relations agent will investigate and determinate the press’ credentials, purpose and requirements.
Media Relations will report their findings to the Convention chairman and Directors.
Once sufficient information has been gathered, including the specific times and events that the press wish to cover, our team will make a decision in regards to the request. Each request will be considered individually, fairly and on a case by case basis.
At the convention, the press is required upon arrival to check-in with Convention Operations, obtain their passes and meet with our Media Relations agent. The Director of Media Relations or their designated representative will escort the media during their entire stay at the convention.
All press must agree to the following minimum conditions in order to obtain passes:
- Coverage must be limited in time and scope.
- Any footage obtained at the convention may only be used in regards to the convention itself and must be used as one continuous segment.
- Special Interest Group organisers and attendees, in addition, have the right to deny access to their specific event.
- All our attendees have the right to refuse participation in any coverage and the press shall respect those rights.
- Under no circumstances will the press be allowed to film, photograph or reproduce anything within the Art Show, Art Auction or Dealers’ Den.
- Any organisation that wishes to cover ConFuzzled in any way must contact us no less than 30 days before the start of the convention.
If any attendee is contacted by a representative of the press, it is advised they should direct the inquiry to Media Relations at email@example.com.
If anyone has any questions or concerns regarding media presence, please contact us.
If you, as an attendee, are approached by a member of the media, you have the right to say NO.
The convention will enforce those rights, legally, if required.
If you, as an attendee, witness any member of the media unescorted, you should contact Convention Operations or the nearest member of staff immediately.
Who can I contact for media/press enquiries?
If you have any questions or comments please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org