Art Show Bidding Rules
Please keep in mind the following before bidding:
- You may not cross out or change your own bid – contact a member of staff.
- Bid in the spaces provided on the bidding slip attached to the item.
- Bid only in whole pound increments – no pence!
- Write clearly – if your bid is illegible, it will be invalidated and the bid above will take its place.
- Remember to include the both the number and the letter on your badge.
- Your bid must be higher than the previous highest bid.
- If you are outbid, you are allowed to bid again on the same item.
- Falsifying bids will result in you being reported to Security and potentially barred from the convention.
- If you do not intend to buy, please do not bid.
- Any item that receives enough bids will be eligible for the Live Auction. If you wish to bid further on a ‘closed’ item, you will need to attend the Live Auction.
- Items not in the Live Auction will be deemed as sold to the highest bidder on the bid sheet.
- Winning bids form a contract between submitter and winning bidder with ConFuzzled acting only as a broker.
- If you do not show up and pay for items you have won, we will make every effort to contact you and collect payment. However, if another buyer is found, or at the discretion of the seller, your contract to buy the item will be annulled.
- ConFuzzled can’t be held liable for any items sold as future obligations.
- Selected pieces of artwork have a clear “Chairman’s Choice”, “Guests of Honour’s Special Selection”, “Auction Staff’s Pick” or “Rear of the Year” mark – these items will be directly entered in to the Live Auction event and skip the silent auction altogether.
Above all else, bid responsibly!