CFz 2021 Registration Delayed to January

We know that we’re getting to that time of year where many of you will be anxiously awaiting the opening of registration. Indeed, we would normally be at least getting toward the stage of sharing some details, including pricing, opening dates and more.

However, with the Coronavirus pandemic still actively impacting our lives, we have to take some carefully balanced decisions to protect the convention, the business arrangements that underpin it, and of course you, our attendees.

To that end we have taken the decision to delay the opening of registration until January 2021.  No specific date has been selected for opening at this time.

We also have to take into account that the current legal prohibition on events like ours are still in place.  We are proceeding on the assumption that this will be lifted between now and the end of May.  However that assumption alone would not make it right to open registration just yet.  We would also need a much clearer picture of how and when these legal changes would happen.  Quite frankly – we are not expecting that to come into focus before the end of the year.

We know that for many of you, the uncertainty around the opening of registration can cause difficulties, for example in the arrangement of time off work, and the booking of travel plans.  However, we hope you’ll understand that we have not taken this decision lightly.

These decisions are not just about reducing the risk of another wave of refunds should the absolute worst happen.  We also have to manage our business relationships, including with suppliers, our venue, and other service providers we rely on to make the convention happen.

We should stress that -at this time- we are still planning to proceed with ConFuzzled 2021. They say ‘hope for the best, and plan for the worst’.  At ConFuzzled, we want to offer you more than hope: we want to offer reassurance, that we are still focussed on making the convention happen next year.  We have to be realistic however, and stay mindful that we’re not out of the woods yet.

In the end, there are still too many unknowns at the current time for us to realistically open registration, so we’re going to stay on hold for now, and we’ll try to keep you updated with any further developments.

We thank you for your patience, and we promise to let you know if there is anything new to share.