Join our team! Now hiring for a Registration Systems Developer
We’re looking for a developer to join us, in a voluntary position working on our registration system. If you’d like to be part of the ConFuzzled team, and have the skills we’re looking for, then please consider applying to help us out!
Want to jump right to the application form? CLICK HERE! Otherwise read on for full details of the role.
If you join us as a developer to work on our registration system, the main responsibilities you’ll need to take on will include
- Interpretation of requirements from scoping documents
- Application design of individual components working in the support of the main project
- Writing code, and participating in testing & peer review of code
- Providing input to help shape architectural designs.
The specific technical skills we consider essential to the role are;
- Experience of design & development of web applications.
- Good understanding of databases and SQL
- Experience in one or more modern application languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby, Java, Python).
- Experience of docker or other containerisation technologies
- Awareness and knowledge of security best practices
- Ability to plan your time working within a team
- Good communication & collaborative skills working with other team members.
Additionally, desirably capabilities include;
- Hands-on experience with modern web app front-end engineering, ideally in React.
- A basic understanding of Git an common Git workflows.
- Practical understanding of JSON
An exhaustive knowledge of these is not required and there is room for a solely front-end or back-end role if desired. Ideally, you have previously worked in a virtual team or would otherwise be comfortable working independently of others. You should also be comfortable with peer code review processes and be able to accept and share candid, constructive feedback.
If you think you have what it takes, please apply on the form HERE.