We know the path through registration this year has not been smooth. As you will know, we had to delay the opening of registration by a month. This was due to our previous payment partner imposing additional conditions that were not feasible for our budgeting and financing processes.
We switched to a new payment partner in good faith, however they too have now imposed additional conditions which once again are incompatible with how we work.
As a result, we have taken the decision to remove card payment as an option. This will apply for at least the ConFuzzled 2020 convention cycle.
We would like to say, first and foremost, that we are very sorry for this inconvenience. We believed we had done everything possible to ensure our new payment provider would be a viable partner for the convention. Sadly however, in the end the arrangements made have not proved to have the necessary staying power we had hoped.
We know those of you still waiting to pay will have many questions, and we hope to answer these below:
- Those who had selected credit/debit card as your primary payment method, will now automatically be switched to ‘bank transfer’. We are therefore requesting that you pay by this method.
- We are extending a two week grace period for due payments effective immediately.
- Details for how to pay (bank details, IBAN number etc) can be found by logging into your registration at https://reg.confuzzled.org.uk
- If you are absolutely unable to pay by any form of bank transfer, we request that you immediately contact email@example.com for assistance.
- There are many legal hurdles for the convention to jump through to secure a card payment handler. It is not an easy, straightforward, or quick task to change to another handler at such short notice and therefore unfortunately not an option.
- Those of you who have already paid by card, your payments are secure. There is nothing wrong with payments already received.
- Paypal is sadly not an option for us due to the complications and the fees incurred.
Once again, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Card payments are handled entirely by a third party, and whilst we may be able to review an alternative provider for the future, this will not now be something that can be put in place for ConFuzzled 2020.
As always, if you have questions regarding your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. When you do, you will receive an auto-reply with a ticket ID, confirming that we have received your mail. It may take a few days for us to get back to you. Please bear with us, we beg your patience during this busy time.
ConFuzzled Board of Directors